Trudy Kortes – A Career in Space Exploration and…
We’re excited to share this week’s episode featuring someone who’s had an extraordinary career at the cutting edge of space exploration. Trudy Kortes is the Chief of the Human Exploration and Space Operations Division at NASA. With her day job, not only is Trudy working on real ‘moonshots’ she is also developing new technologies that will undoubtedly have an incredible impact on our lives in the future.
An aeronautical engineer by profession, Trudy has spent about 30 years working for NASA focusing on helping the space agency develop many super- sophisticated technologies to explore our galaxy. Today Trudy leads a team of around 200 people working on a range of projects including advanced communications, propulsion and the crew module, to name a few.
What we love about this episode is Trudy’s ability to translate the super complex work she’s been involved with in her career to date, into easy to understand and inspiring stories about the valuable lessons she’s learnt along the way, and about what’s possible in the future.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The really unusual reason why Trudy decided at high school she wanted to work for NASA
- How Trudy has found her authentic and humorous self, and why it matters
- What she’s learnt about having difficult conversations
- What it’s like being a senior woman at NASA
- And how she feels about the project she’s working on to send the first female astronaut to the moon in 2024
So click below, sit back, buckle up and enjoy fascinating stories and insights from the wonderful Trudy Kortes.
Links of interest:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 34:54 — 32.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS