Few of us enjoy the prospect of having to negotiate on behalf of ourselves. We typically find it much easier if we’re negotiating a business matter or something on behalf of others. When the time comes for us to speak up for ourselves it can feel a whole lot more confronting.
Add to that the fact that money and salary amounts are often taboo subjects, it’s no wonder many of us sell ourselves short at the negotiating table. And it’s not surprising that a number of you have been in touch asking us to cover this topic as well. (Thanks for your emails ☺).
So here at Don’t Stop us Now! we thought, what better subject for our next How To episode?
We think you’ll get lots of great inspiration from this episode to help ensure you do yourself justice in future.
In this super practical episode you’ll learn:
- Reasons why we have the gender pay gap
- How being underpaid early in her career taught Greta a lesson she never forgot
- Why you shouldn’t think of negotiating a pay rise as a one-off conversation
- Tried and tested advice for preparing yourself for a money conversation including a Chatbot set up specifically to advise women on negotiating their pay
- Plus a whole host of practical and data-backed tips, tools and even phrases from us and some of our CEO guests to help you in your next negotiation conversation.
Even if you’re happy with your current situation, don’t miss this episode because we’re sure you’ll learn something new that will help you in future or be of service to your friends or family.
The better we all are at negotiating, the more we can collectively contribute to closing the gender pay gap that exists around the world.
We’d love to hear your thoughts and stories too, just email us.
Enjoy this episode!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 26:09 — 24.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | RSS