We’re super excited to share this conversation with Lindley Edwards with you.
Lindley started her career working for one of Australia’s most renowned investment banks, Macquarie Bank, and then found a love of Asia when she took on a VP role with Citibank.
Today, Lindley runs a corporate advisory business called AFG Venture Group which specialises in cross-border investments and transactions, particularly between Asia & Australia. She’s also Chairperson for two startups and a Non-Executive Director of a Think Tank called AsiaLink.
We love the fact that Lindley is definitely not your normal investment banker… we don’t know anyone else who uses philosophy, poetry, biology, and cross-cultural intelligence as their foundation for thinking about business and disruption.
In this episode you’ll hear Lindley share her wisdom about:
- How she thinks – or doesn’t think – about planning her career
- Why making mistakes can be so important
- How to negotiate your next pay rise
- How she learnt to push through fear
We really recommend you listen to this conversation with Lindley as she shares so many useful insights and great pieces of advice with us.
Photo credit: Giammarco Boscaro, Upsplash
Keen to learn more about Lindley?
Books Lindley recommends:
- What’s in the Way Is the Way: A Practical Guide for Waking Up to Life by Mary O’Malley
- The Essential Rumi by Coleman Barks (Author, Translator), Jalal al-Din Rumi (Author), John Moyne (Translator)
- The Gift: Poems by Hafiz by Hafiz (Author), Daniel Ladinsky (Translator)
- Poem by David Whyte – Start Close In – hear it here on YouTube
Here are a few links of interest: