Our episode this week is packed with great advice and stories thanks to our guest, social entrepreneur Lisa Saunders.
Less than three years ago, Lisa and her partner Adrian decided they had to do something to stop so many household goods from being sent to landfill. Specifically, they made a life changing decision to prevent as many electronic appliances and tech products as they could from being thrown away.
As a result, ‘Arnie’s Recon’ was born. It’s a completely free service that takes your old electronics (think phones, computers, fridges, cables etc.) and ensures they’re recycled and not sent to landfill. Plus, as you’ll hear, this startup has already created more than 80 different products and spawned others around them to start complementary businesses.
CEO Lisa’s stories of adapting to start-up life after a career in leadership development and coaching, and particularly getting used to literally getting her hands dirty in her day job are really fascinating.
Plus you’ll hear:
- How Lisa’s ten years of doing Karate has helped her to stay mentally calm and not be triggered by difficult people and bullies
- Plus, the clever and simple thing she says to herself to stay in that calm state when others around her are not
- How she and her partner navigate having to pivot as they grow their enterprise
- The simple thing she does when she needs to think creatively
- And the magic of this model that stops so many electrical appliances and tech from going to landfill.
We love the ethos and the business model behind Arnie’s Recon and we think you will too. So enjoy this conversation with the passionate and resilient Lisa Saunders.