Marching to Her Own Beat – Dot Bustelo
Our guest on the show today pivoted away from a long standing career in the music industry to found a venture focused on the visual arts.
Dot Bustello is founder and CEO of a business called Loupe, which streams and sells art from around the world and in doing so helps make all those black TV screens in our daily lives way more interesting and appealing.
Not only that, Loupe is ranked number one lifestyle app in 73 countries on Apple TV.
Dot founded Loupe seven years ago after spending nearly ten years at Apple as well as being a music producer.
Never one to believe in having a conventional career, in this episode you’ll hear Dot explain:
- How she came up with the idea for Loupe and why she couldn’t believe it hadn’t already been done
- The key thing she learnt after nearly a decade working at Apple
- Why she thinks NFTs (non fungible tokens) are so revolutionary
- Dot’s firm belief that we all have more control over what we do in our careers than most people think; and
- The number 1 habit Dot relies on to stay focussed and centred.
Enjoy this fascinating conversation with the uniquely creative and entrepreneurial Dot Bustelo.
Loupe website – stream for free and buy art here