Our guest this week is a serial entrepreneur and one of Australia’s richest and most successful women. She’s also one of the humblest and most honest people you’re likely to meet. We’re talking about Cyan Ta’eed, Co-Founder of digital marketplaces business, Envato, and Founder of ethical luxury chocolate company, Hey Tiger and Milkshake, a new app for Instagram influencers.
Cyan is a true creative and started her career as a graphic designer. However after a brief stint working for someone else she decided working for herself was the way to go. She and her then boyfriend, started a side hustle to sell stock photographs and digital assets to other creatives.
Fast forward 13 years and Envato, the name of that marketplaces company, is now worth more than A$1bn, employs over 500 people and has more than one billion digital goods for sale. Not only that, but Cyan has gone on to start, amongst other things, Hey Tiger, a chocolate social enterprise aimed at women as well as her latest start up Milkshake, a website building app for Instagrammers.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Cyan and her husband, Collis, took the Envato business from zero to being valued at over AU$1bn without any real plan
- How an eye ulcer and sleep deprivation led her to start her chocolate social venture Hey Tiger
- What she did to get over her “massive imposter syndrome”
- Why she views self care as a non-negotiable
- Her learnings about difficult conversations
Enjoy this episode with the inspiring and down-to-earth Cyan Ta’eed.
Hey Tiger website – order your chocolate here (delivery to Australia, NZ & US for now)