Our guest on the podcast this week is Professor Selena Bartlett, an Australian neuroscientist who’s life’s work is all about understanding how our brains work.
Selena has held senior roles with leading research institutes in the US and Australia and she’s currently leading pioneering research into addiction and obesity at the Queensland University of Technology.
What drew us to Selena’s story is not only her passion to understand how our brains work but also her mission to educate us non-neuroscientists about the things we can do to improve our brain’s health and even completely change our lives.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The very personal reason Selena switched her career path away from pharmacy towards neuroscience as a young woman
- Selena’s fascinating explanation of what causes mental illnesses such as schizophrenia
- How she overcame her sugar addiction when she realised the impact it has on the brain
- Some radically simple things we can all do to improve our brain’s health; and
- Why Selena thinks becoming ‘boss of your brain’ can completely change the direction of your life.
Enjoy this fascinating conversation with the passionate and pioneering Professor – Selena Bartlett.
Selena’s website: https://www.profselenabartlett.com/
Selena’s podcast: Thriving Minds
Selena on LinkedIn