We have a treat in store for you today with a guest whom we reckon is one of the best storytellers we’ve had on the show.
Australian entrepreneur, Mikaela Jade, otherwise known as Mik, is the Founder and CEO of Indigital, a company developing innovative new ways to digitise and translate knowledge, culture and stories from remote and ancient First Nations communities.
Mik, a proud Cabrogal woman, is a UN Permanent Forum Indigenous Issues delegate; she’s a member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Future Council on Augmented and Virtual Reality; and she’s also been recognised as a Top 100 Innovator in Australia.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How Mik reacted when, as a young adult, she learnt she had indigenous ancestors
- How she came up with the idea of using augmented reality to share cultural stories in the national parks where she worked
- How hard it was to get people to help her progress her augmented reality ideas
- What happened when Mik reached rock bottom, and
- The one technology Mik thinks we all need to read up on.
We think you’ll LOVE this conversation with the ever-so resilient and compelling storyteller, Mik Jade.